Jupiler Pro League Saturday games preview

Well after lady luck helped me last Saturday by granting me the wisdom to predict all 6 games of the Jupiler Pro league (Belgiums first division) correct, I did find maybe something useful to put on this blog. At last, it became time after 170 posts :).

From this week on I will try to predict all the Saturday games from the JPL. Last week 1 euro was good for a pay-out of 57,90 euros. So I complete the season without any worries. I also can cope with the fact that it will probably only happens 2 or 3 times a season that I can manage this. I hope that I can fund this fun thingy with the profit from the other bets and that with this I can give the world some more inside information from the JPL.

To increase my odds I will allow myself to use all types of bets!

Well there are 6 games this saturday.
Anderlecht - Tubeke: over 2.5 (odds: 1,40)
Well this is maybe the easiest one to predict this matchday. Anderlecht (2) will should have no problems with Tubize (14). They have never faced each other before in the JPL. It is also the game of the best defense against the worst defense of the league. To increase the odds I will go for the over 2.5 goals bet, good for an odd of 1.40 instead of 1.13 for an Anderlecht win.

Germinal Beerschot - Mouscron: 1 (odds: 2,20)
This game has been played already 9 times before and GBA did win 5 of these encouters, loosing 2 and drawing another 2. Last season when GBA was playing on a cloud, they beat Mouscron with 3-0. This season is another story for GBA, currently firmly on a relegation place while Mouscron is one of the relevation (6th). But Mouscron isn't an away team. I could on the Antheunis effect, which could take effect any moment now! GBA will win!

Standard Liege - Zulte Waregem: over 2.5 (odds: 1,57)
Standard, third, will face Zulte Waregem at home. This is a game with always someting happening. Standard will see some negative influence of the splendid victory against Sampdoria, while Zulte is trying to break the negative spiral of outgames (lost their last 2). In normal conditions standard should win this easely but I would put a dime on it with odds of 1,30 for a win. The odds for over 2.5 goals is more appealing (1,57).

Roesalare - Westerlo: x2 (odds: 1,30)
Westerlo is currently standing on a fifth place, well above expectations, Roeselare is currently last, a little bit below expectations. In the last 3 encouters the scores were: 0-2, 2-0 and 0-2. So according to the pattern I should go for a win of Roeselare. But I will be going for a draw or a victory for Westerlo. Westerlo has a well balanced team with all decent players and some young rising stars like their striker, Ruiz, who will score at least once. You could also go for a win of Westerlo, which will increase the odds to 2,15.

Mons - Dender: 2 (odds: 3,35)
Ever before the season everybody already knew that this is a relegation game, or like we call it in Belgium a 6 points game. The gap in the league is also 3 points in favor of Dender. Mons fired their head coach this week after a discussion with one of their star player. So the players of Mons are will motivated to prove to the interim coach and the possible head coach for the remainder of the season that there are worth their place on the pitch. Still I'm going to put my money on dender, maybe they have lesser quality in their team but a much better/experienced coach, wich is much more important in such games.

Charlerloi - KV Mechelen: x2 (odds: 2,03)
KVM is struggling this season, but praise to their board, who are keeping to defend the head coach. But the head-to-head stats are against them, loosing 5 out of 6. Last season the game ended on 1-0 for Charlerloi, but this season I see KVM going home with 3 points. To cover my ass a little bit I will go for x2, which has a decent odd of 2,03.

The combined odds for this combe are 42,96. As always my bet is a 1 euro bet.
I also have created an alternative, which is more based on my heart then on stats and info. The combined odd of this is 444.

Good luck,
Dremeber

No comments: